Social Icons

Pages

sábado, março 26, 2016

7 Superstitions Tatar Kids Grew Up With

1

Although its against our religion to believe superstitions in general, they were widely used by our parents. Now I realize that it was all done as a way to teach us good manners. Though, a very few, I believe to be true until today. Let’s explore.

You will not grow taller if you sit on the table

My height is 5 foot 2, hence, you can understand how scary it was for me to hear. Years had passed and even though I never sat on the table I am still short.

Your house will burn down if you play with a ball inside the house

My mother would go crazy if she saw me playing with a ball in the house. I was driven with curiosity of course, at what point would the fire start and where would it come from. I thought since I am so “on alert” for the fire, when I am playing with the ball, I could be fast as the lightening to stop it. The fire never happened of course.

You attract evil spirits if you jerk your feet under the dinner table

This one also stroke curiosity in me, sometimes I would do it on purpose, while secretly looking around for any abnormal behavior in the room.

Your mother will die if you lean on your chin

I could never stop doing it, of course not because I wanted some death to occur, but wouldn’t you agree that it’s just so comfortable sometimes?

Your will have an unlucky day if you wear your I left shoe first

I am left-handed person, for me left is right. Hence, until today I my days are lucky even when I wear my left show first.

You have to take your “house goblin” with you when you move to a new house

This is probably the only thing I still believe until today. “House goblin” or translating word to word ” house owner” – is a creature (which cannot be seen, only on a very rare occasions you might feel its presence)  who lives in the house and protects it.

Your trip will be unlucky if you clean your house the night before your flight

Oh the amount of mess in my room I’ve had to leave behind before our family vacations.

When I think about all those which were mentioned (and many others which were not) I think that life is just one scary place. Yet, until today I find myself thinking that should’ve worm my right shoe first, and I tell my niece not to play with a ball in the house and stop jerking her feet under the table. At the end of the day these are all good manners, I got affected by them and it made me very clever mannered person I must say.

Featured photo credit: Farida K. via m.facebook.com

The post 7 Superstitions Tatar Kids Grew Up With appeared first on Lifehack.



from Lifehack http://ift.tt/1Smrjiv

Post Relacionados



Nenhum comentário:

 
Blogger Templates