Social Icons

Pages

quinta-feira, julho 23, 2015

What Type Of Procrastinator Are You? Check In This Graph

procrastination title

I don’t know what’s gotten into me the past few months, but I’ve shed my procrastinating persona completely. Case in point, this article isn’t due for another five days, and here I am writing it minutes after it came across my desk.

But, as a former chronic procrastinator, I’m definitely qualified to write about it for the Internet. And chances are, if you’re reading this, you’re probably procrastinating, yourself.

Since you’re here, you might as well learn something. Let’s get to the bottom of why we put obligations off and how we’ve made procrastinating an art form.

If you’re currently putting off a major task, whether it be for school, work, or your personal life, you’re probably not just lazy. After all, you’re taking the time to read this, and not just staring into space. However, you are more than likely hesitant to take the next step in whatever process you’re procrastinating.

Maybe you’re scared of failure, or maybe you’re unsure of where to go from where you are. Whatever the issue may be, you should acknowledge it, and work toward getting over your fears and uncertainties. You’ll end up being the productive person you always thought you were.

There’s more than one way to duck a task. I used to wait until the last minute and would scramble to get all my duties finished on time.

Some people simply haven’t made a plan or are indecisive about how to tackle a project. Even perfectionists can end up procrastinating if they’re afraid they won’t do an exemplary job.

Whatever the case is, you’re not alone: everyone does it at some point. I can’t help you get over it, but I can help you reach the root of your procrastination with this simple flowchart:

procrastination

Featured photo credit: Parcel Hero via parcelhero.com

The post What Type Of Procrastinator Are You? Check In This Graph appeared first on Lifehack.



from Lifehack http://ift.tt/1gRnunL

Post Relacionados



Nenhum comentário:

 
Blogger Templates