Social Icons

Pages

sexta-feira, março 11, 2016

5 Apps That Enable Your Modern Day Addictions

lifehack

We all have a guilty pleasure. From watching trashy TV to eating ice cream straight from the tub to blasting that terrible music you just can’t stop yourself from liking, these habits give you a sense of comfort. Whatever your obsession(s) may be, I’m sure you’d agree that you wish you could do it more frequently. Well, what if I told you that there are apps that you can download to help you keep that feeling of satisfaction going?

Get Your Game On

As an avid gamer, I find that I can spend hours on my phone without being aware of the passing time. This can be dangerous, especially in my daytime hours when I am at work but daydreaming of my next Clash of Clans session.

Andy OS

Gaming never gets old, but staring at my phone screen does. My eyes hurt, my back aches…it’s a labor of love, what can I do?

Well, I found my solution with Andy OS. An Android Emulator, this app lets me play mobile games on my computer screen so that I have a more visually pleasing and comfortable experience. A great feature is the option to use my phone as a joystick while playing on the web app of the emulator. Saving my back and maximizing my gaming time – Andy is a great friend to keep around.

Twitch

Not just an awesome site, but also a handy app for both iOS and Android, Twitch lets you stay up-to-date on the gaming channels you love to follow.  The app keeps you chatting, browsing, following and sharing all of the streams you would be accessing on the web. If you don’t have time to play, watch. Perfect for those days that you can’t get your mind out of the game, let the Twitch app give you your gaming fix.

Shopping

Whatever you feel about shopping, I we can all agree that getting new stuff is awesome. Sure, it has its pros and cons, but shopping doesn’t have to only be a requirement when your girlfriend is dragging you around the mall.

Shopic

When I am looking to buy something specific, I really go for it. Whether it be a new pair of jeans or a brand new, top-of-the-line TV, I research, compare and then shop. It’s a high, knowing that the item I’m buying is all mine. But this high dissipates pretty quickly once I get in line to get to the cash register.

Here’s where I have good news: Shopic eliminates the need to wait in line! Available for iOS and Android, Shopic is the perfect solution to maintaining your shopping high. By letting you scan, purchase and pay for your item within the application, you’re saved the hassle and downer of having to wait in line. Just use Shopic and you’re all good to go, no waiting required!

Trench

A new form of “shopping,” trench is a great way to upcycle clothes that you already own. It’s a simple process; you upload the clothes that you own but no longer need. From there, you set the amount of “Trench Diamonds” (a monetary unit for the app) that you would like for each item and trade in your diamonds for clothes that other users have uploaded. This app lets you shop without spending any money – and it helps you make closet space by trading out things you no longer wear.

Splurging on Food

When hunger hits, you need to satisfy it. And when that hunger hits, you eat. If I’m out and about when I get hungry, you can find me at the nearest burger joint. Going out to eat is a drain on the wallet and isn’t the healthiest option, but it’s fun, easy and something I can’t get enough of.

Deliveroo

I’m not only guilty of going to restaurants to eat – I am an infamous food orderer. After coming home from a long day of work, I don’t have the energy to cook. So I hit up Deliveroo and order from a large selection of local restaurants. Even better, they boast an average of 32 minute delivery time. With delivery services available from noon until 11 pm, this is also perfect for busy days at the office with no time to pick up food.

Some would say that technology itself is a modern day addiction and let’s be honest – that’s pretty accurate. But who says that addictions always have to be bad? These apps help me get my fix of efficiency, entertainment and sustenance. So let’s utilize our tech obsessions to further our real life ones.

Featured photo credit: IMFree via c2.staticflickr.com

The post 5 Apps That Enable Your Modern Day Addictions appeared first on Lifehack.



from Lifehack http://ift.tt/1P4XhuU

Post Relacionados



Nenhum comentário:

 
Blogger Templates