Social Icons

Pages

quinta-feira, dezembro 31, 2015

What It’s Like To Fall In Love With Mr. Maybe Instead Of Mr. Right

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A few years back, I met a guy on a dating site that I thought was the perfect guy for me. He was good-looking, funny, creative, an entrepreneur, and smart. Even though we hadn’t met in person yet, I felt a really strong connection to him. And from my understanding, he felt it too. I honestly thought that he was my soulmate. Turns out, we really weren’t that compatible at all. Even though I knew that he was trouble, I was always making excuses for him when my family saw through him the entire time, but I eventually let him go. He’s the kind of guy that would be considered “Mr. Maybe” instead of “Mr. Right.” How do you know if the guy that you’re with is “Mr. Maybe?” Read this list to find out.

Traits of Mr. Maybe

  1. Maybe he’s not annoyed with you, he just needs some space to think things through.
  2. Maybe he is really excited to meet you one day, he’s just been super busy.
  3. Maybe he was listening to you; he just didn’t know what to say.
  4. Maybe he has no way of transportation, so that’s why he hasn’t met up with you yet.
  5. Maybe he really does want to talk to you at 1 in the morning just to catch up with you.
  6. Maybe he doesn’t just want you for sex, it’s just been so long since he’s been in a relationship.
  7. Maybe he really does love you; he just doesn’t want to get hurt again in the long run and doesn’t know how to show his love for you.
  8. Maybe he doesn’t want to continue with a long distance relationship and that’s why he doesn’t call or text as much.
  9. Maybe he really is trying his best to show you that he cares.
  10. Maybe he will be available to hang out with you sometime this week, depending on his schedule.
  11. Maybe he doesn’t mind your clothes, skin color, hair, or body type; he just wants you to change a few minor things.
  12. Maybe he is intimidated by your looks or talents and doesn’t feel worthy of your presence.
  13. Maybe he won’t say, “I love you” anymore because he wants to take things slower.
  14. Maybe his family really needs him right now, so he can’t talk to you as much.
  15. Maybe he got distracted by something or someone and forgot to call or text you.
  16. Maybe he doesn’t want to hold your hand until things are “official.”
  17. Maybe he does respect your beliefs and wishes, he just wants you to see and understand his point of view too.
  18. Maybe he thinks you’d be an amazing girlfriend, he just doesn’t believe he deserves you.
  19. Maybe he’s not ready for someone like you to love him.
  20. Maybe he does want to settle down with you, now is just not the right time.

It’s been almost two years since the last time I spoke with “Mr. Maybe,” and I feel like my life has been a lot happier without him. Whenever I tried to make contact with him again, things ended the same way each time – he would ghost me and I wouldn’t hear from him for months. I made the mistake of ignoring all the red flags I saw in the very beginning of the relationship; I was settling because I was so desperate for someone to love me. My advice to anyone reading this is to never ignore red flags or settle for less. You don’t have to be desperate for someone to love you; you are amazing just the way you are. You deserve better.

Featured photo credit: Calvin Lee via flickr.com

The post What It’s Like To Fall In Love With Mr. Maybe Instead Of Mr. Right appeared first on Lifehack.



from Lifehack http://ift.tt/1PyjjeO

Post Relacionados



Nenhum comentário:

 
Blogger Templates