Social Icons

Pages

domingo, novembro 15, 2015

What I Learned From The Person Who I Thought I Would Grow Old With

couple-929963_1280

I didn’t just think of growing old with her, I thought I would visit a thousand places with her. She was perfect I guess, even in any sort of imperfection. It never happened fast or quick, it was something slow and insidious. Until I became encapsulated in the rain of love I never knew. Yet it never worked out. Here are some lessons I learned from the person I thought I would grow old with.

1. We are never afraid to be the victims or fools of love. We simply learn courage and resilience in the process.

2. It was never about where we were going to live or stay, it was just about being together.

3. I learned that compromise is never a weakness but strength. Because it does feel good to be with the one you care about and sometimes the sacrifices you have to make in the process could be what defines that.

4. With love there is so much depth and meaning.

5. You learn that there are no secrets, that somehow that person would always understand you better than anyone else ever will.

6. Every touch, every kiss, every hold meant something. And you wished it would last forever.

7. You never can fathom how another person can truly care about you. Something you will always wonder for a long time to come.

8. You are not afraid to be committed or to be in the other person’s arms, because in it is safety.

9. You are afraid of losing the other person.

10. One thing you will never stop learning is love, forgiveness, kindness, hope and joy.

11You want your kids, friends and relatives to discover this type of love.

12. You learn from the mistakes you made together.

13. Things may not work out the way you planned, but that is the reality of having something so perfect in an imperfect world.

14. Obsession is temporary; love is permanent.

15You cannot predict how things will turn out, because things often happen when you least expect them.

16. Time is the most important weapon when you need to heal.

17.You will learn that your emotions should be mastered by you alone.

18. The person you thought you will grow old with will teach you wisdom and experience. It is difficult to separate anything from the two.

19. Even in their departure they will create a channel for you to be able to move on without them.

20. You will forget the hurt, you will remember the gains.

21. They will teach you strength. And yes you may never have thought that you could ever become this strong.

22.What matters at the end of the day is that you are able to unleash that unapologetic and unadulterated version of you, because you gave them your very best.

23. Being with them may be the best thing you have done, but losing them will be the hardest.

24. Don’t be afraid of it – it is completely okay to be vulnerable.

25. Being in love and anticipating everything will work out with someone is an amazing feeling. But you can never ascertain how things will go.

26. What the person who you thought you will grow old with teaches you is patience. You have to learn to be patient to face the roller coaster of things that will happen to you in the process of being with that special one. Hope relies on patience too.

27. Whether you want to accept it or not the experience you had with that special person will play an extreme crucial role in your present and future beliefs.

28. Most importantly, learn to love unconditionally. It is never enough, but you can surely try.

My most cherished lesson from loving that person was to turn to writing my thoughts. When my mind was jumbled, writing served as a therapy to helping me go through whatever obstacles that came my way when it came to dealing with that special person.

Featured photo credit: http://www.pixabay.com via pixabay.com

The post What I Learned From The Person Who I Thought I Would Grow Old With appeared first on Lifehack.



from Lifehack http://ift.tt/1QEkKYV

Post Relacionados



Nenhum comentário:

 
Blogger Templates