Social Icons

Pages

terça-feira, setembro 22, 2015

Photographer Documents His Own Depression In Dark Self-Portraits

Different people have different ways of coping with depression, and for Edward Honaker, that coping mechanism is his self-portrait photography. His photos turn his depression into something that can be seen and, hopefully, better understood.
The 21-year-old photographer was diagnosed with depression two years ago. “All I knew is that I became bad at the things I used to be good at, and I didn’t know why,” he told Huffpost. “Your mind is who you are, and when it doesn’t work properly, it’s scary.”
“It’s kind of hard to feel any kind of emotion when you’re depressed, and I think good art can definitely move people,” he continued.
More info: edwardhonaker.com

















Post Relacionados



Nenhum comentário:

 
Blogger Templates