Social Icons

Pages

domingo, julho 05, 2015

Haunting and Memorable Last Words of 20 Iconic People

Nobody can really say for sure what happens in a man’s head when he is dying. That’s why there is something solemn and fascinating about the last word spoken.
These iconic people have contributed to society with words, music, plays and paintings and their last words are one kind of memento for us to cherish.
Allegedly, based on their biographies and reports by their close ones, these are the last words of famous people in history.

Bo Diddley – ‘Wow’
The Blues Legend Bo Diddley died while listening to the song “Walk Around Heaven”. He died giving thumbs up to the song and said “Wow.’
Elvis Presley -‘I hope I haven’t bored you’
Those were  the King’s last words to the public, at his final press conference. Elvis Presley  died of an overdose in August 1977 in his home and some reports suggest his last words were promising his fiancee Ginger Alden that he wouldn’t fall asleep in the bathroom.
Ernest Hemingway- ‘Goodnight my kitten”

The night before Ernest Hemingway committed suicide he said to his wife “Goodnight, My Kitten.”
Frank Sinatra -“I am loosing it”
After suffering a severe heart attack, Frank Sinatra died  on May 14, 1998, aged 82 at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, with his wife, Barbara, by his side. His last words are noted to be ” I am loosing it.”
Groucho Marx- “This is no way to live!”
Groucho  Marx was hospitalized at Cedars Sinai Medical Center with pneumonia on June 22, 1977 and died at the age of 86, on August 19. There are variations about his last words, some claim that he said to his wife: “Die, my dear? Why, that’s the last thing I’ll do!” while other are sure that his last words were “This is no way to live!”
Humphrey Bogart- “Goodbye, kid. Hurry back”
Allegedly these were the last words of the iconic Hollywood actor, Humphrey Bogart, who died in 1957 from esophageal cancer. His last words referred to his wife Lauren Bacall, who was shortly leaving the house to pick up their kids from school. There are other stories that claim his last words were “I should never have switched from Scotch to martinis.”
Sir Issac Newton -“I don’t know what I may seem to the world.”
By the time he reached 80 years of age, Newton was experiencing digestion problems, and had to drastically change his diet and mobility. Then, in March 1727, Newton experienced severe pain in his abdomen and blacked out, never to regain consciousness. He died the next day, on March 31, 1727, at the age of 84.His last humble words were “I don’t know what I may seem to the world. But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then in finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”
James Brown -“I’m going away tonight.”
James Brown died from heart failure in 2006. Allegedly, the night when he died he told to his manager: “I’m going away tonight.”
Jean-Paul Sartre  “I love you very much my Beaver”
Jean Paul Sartre died in Paris on April 15, 1980, from pulmonary edema. His last words referred to his life long partner Simone de Beauvoir.
John F. Kennedy-“No, I certainly can’t.”
President John F. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963 while riding in a motorcade with his wife, Jacqueline Kennedy, and the governor and first lady of Texas. Apparently, Nellie Connally, the governor’s wife, looking at the crowds, said “You certainly can’t say that the people of Dallas haven’t given you a nice welcome.” The president replied “No, I certainly can’t,”  just moments before he was shot.

Joan Crawford- “Damn it! Don’t you dare ask God to help me”

Actress Joan Crawford yelled at her housekeeper, who was praying as Crawford died. Crawford said, “Damn it! Don’t you dare ask God to help me!”
Joe DiMaggio – “I finally get to see Marilyn”
Joe DiMaggio was talking about his wife Marylin Monroe, who died before him in 1962. He died from lung cancer in 1999 and his last words were: “I finally get to see Marilyn”
John Wayne- “Of course I know who you are. You’re my girl. I love you”
When he died at age 72 in L.A, he turned to his wife and said, “Of course I know who you are. You’re my girl. I love you.
Leonardo-Da-Vinci “I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have.”
The last words that the iconic painter said were rather modest, “I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have.
Truman Capote -‘Mama, Mama, Mama’
While he was laying in his deathbed, Capote repeatedly was mumbling “Mama, Mama , Mama.”
 Vladimir Nabokov  -“A certain butterfly is already on the wing.”
Nabokov was also an entomologist, particularly interested in butterflies. His last words were: “A certain butterfly is already on the wing.
Winston Churchill’ -“I am Bored with it all”
Winston Churchill’s last words were, “I’m bored with it all.
T.S. Eliot – Valerie
Writer T.S. Eliot was very sick and he whispered his last words, only saying: “Valerie,” which is the name of his wife.
 Alfred Hitchcock- “One never knows the ending.”
As he was dying, Alfred Hitchcock said, “One never knows the ending. One has to die to know exactly what happens after death, although Catholics have their hopes.”
Vladimir Ilych Lenin – “Good Dog”
Vladimir Ilych Lenin said  to a dog that brought him a dead bird: “Good Dog” technicaly Vot sobaka.” Allegedly, these were the last words he said.

Post Relacionados



Nenhum comentário:

 
Blogger Templates